A pollutant can also occur naturally like a volcanic eruption, but the toxic gases that have been done by humans have proved to be very terrible.
Because the environment has been harmed by the human in every way whether it is air pollution from the smoke emanating from the factory, whether it is water pollution spread from garbage waste and the land from plastic or toxic substance.
It spreads in the air and from one place to another. in addition to being a threat to the environment, humans are also increasing danger.
A group of harmful materials spreads in our environment which has been squeezing our environment from inside and outside for many years. these harmful materials are called pollutants.
100 + Many things that are useful to people but very harmful to the environment like toxic gases from the pipes of cars, coal to make electricity, and smoke from a factory in one of the biggest reason for pollutants, pesticides chemical poisons, a toxic substance used to kill weeds and insects-seep into waterways a harm wildlife.
pollution is a problem around the world and everyone knows that if it is not controlled soon, it will be very harmful for our future generation. urban areas (शहरी क्षेत्र) are usually more polluted than the countryside (ग्रामीण इलाके).
It can spread from one place to another place by air, water, soil other examples In the middle of the northern pacific ocean, a huge collection of microscopic plastic particles forms what is known as the great pacific garbage patch.
Pollution spread in the oceans is polluting from one place to another through its currents. factories, cars, and toxic substances.
You may have seen piles of garbage around you, due to which air pollution and land pollution are increasing to a great extent.
Plastic, the world produces enough plastic each year to build 50 pyramids of Giza pollution. while most of it ends up in landfills, 8 million tonnes of plastic wind up in the ocean each year, which is very harmful all over the environment and for humans, and it is spreading like fire on the whole planet.
1. Type’s of Pollution
Release the smoke from harmful particles and chemicals in the environment like monoxide, sulfur oxide, chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) in the environment, and nitrogen oxides produced by industry and motor vehicles or hydrocarbon react to sunlight.
Can be classified as surface water or groundwater pollution. this is a major global problem.
It has been suggested that water pollution is the leading worldwide cause of death and diseases.
The causes of water pollution include a wide quantity of chemicals and pathogens as well as physical parameters.
It is a worldwide issue that needs to be fixed quickly.
One of the most reason for this terrible movement its “garbage” (you will find garbage in every household) tonnes of garbage is produced every single day in every single district this is such massive amount that is definitely harmful to our present and our future.
Unwanted, irritating, or excessive sound that can have noxious effects on the environment and human life.
This is commonly generated inside many industries and some other workplaces, but it comes from highway, construction, traffic, and from the crowded area that highly affect human ears as well as environmental ears (trees, open area, water, soil ground)
2. Pollution In Urban cities (शहरी इलाके)
The burning of coal and wood became the beginning of pollution in many cities and the primary sources of pollution. with the advent of the industrial revolution, new ways of using water started to be used for making chemicals toxic substances. it was the industrial revolution that rise environmental pollution as we know it today.
London also recorded one of the earlier extreme cases of water quality problems with the great stink on the Thames of 1858, this leads to the construction of the earliest sewage system in London.
|Urban city air and land pollution
In 1997, Charles Moore (English journalist and a former editor of the daily telegraph) was discovered a major problem called the “Great Pacific Garbage Patch“. it is large floating garbage on the ocean also known as the pacific trash vortex.
Its western garbage patch located nearby Japan and the eastern garbage patch located b/w the US state of Hawaii and California.
This is a big problem not only for those who live in the ocean but, also for those who live on land or fly in the sky example (sea birds).
Free Fact’s about the Great Pacific Garbage Patch
- If we scoop it all up into one place there will be enough plastic to fill 100 being 747 planes.
- It’s actually been growing exponentially larger for nearly 70 years.
- Some experts estimate by the year 2050, the amount of plastic in the ocean will outweigh all the world’s fish.
The amount of pollution in cities is much higher than in the villages because of the smoke from the factory, bike, cars like toxic chemical substances (nitrogen oxides, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide) which is not only damaging the environment as well as the people living in the cities are also suffering.
Therefore, in urban cities, people are suffering from a lot of diseases like (Tuberculosis “TB”, asthma, lung infection, and many other Cancer) compared to the people living in the villages because there is a lot of clean improvement in the villages compared to the city, which keeps the people healthy.
Pollution has been a threat to the whole world and “now no one can escape it”. whether you are in the north pole or under the sea. but now pollution has reached space in tonnes.
Some time ago, there was news that the rocket, space shuttle, or other rocket parts have increased so much that now they are becoming a threat.
If its solution is not removed at the earliest, then it can cause huge damage to big space companies like NASA, ISRO, Space X, and Virgin.
In urban cities of developing countries like India, 90% of air pollution is produced by vehicles. the air quality of thousands of cities in India is less than 50% and in big cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, the air quality is in the red zone.
Delhi air index was majorized in 2019 its was PM 2.5 which is very poor quality and unhealthy for all living beings.
Water quality in India is also declining due to the increasing population along with industrialization, urbanization, and agriculture development.
The population of vehicles in India is expanding so fast that even a city like “Delhi” resorted to “even” and “odd” to stop it.
Due to the pollution of vehicles, air pollution has become harmful to health at such a serious level that if it is not controlled as soon as possible, then every person will suffer from some diseases.
3. Sources & Causes
Water, air pollution, comes from natural and man-made sources.
Although human is performed globally like air pollution in war, water pollution from factory and chemical substance, and land pollution from plastic bags, bottle, and chemical toxic substance equation is changing rapidly.
Vehicles and factories are the major causes of air pollution, India, China, the USA, Russia, and Mexico being the world leaders in air pollution emissions.
Major static pollution sources include:
- Chemical factories, coal production power plants
- Oil production plants
- Metal production factories
- Nuclear waste disposal activities
And other more industries that are highly responsible for air pollution, water pollution, and land pollution.
Cutting forests for cities, roads, malls, and agriculture is to reduces the amount of oxygen in the environment. about 400 million tons of hazardous gases, waste are generated each year.
The USA alone produces about 250 million metric tons. however, Americans constitute less than 5% of the world population, still produce roughly 25% of the world’s waste.
Due to high pollution in the air causes
- Heart attack
- Cough Asthma
- Difficulty in breathing
- Running water from the nose and eye for no reason
- Increasing the risk of throat irritation
Water pollution increases the risk of stomach acidity, stomach ache, stomach irritation. however, every type of pollution poses a threat to humans.
Not only humans are suffering from this, but animals also suffer health-related illnesses due to air, water, noise, and land pollution including birth defects, reproductive failure, hair fall, rashes, and other diseases.
Air pollution has many more environmental effects on humans and animals besides health-related.
Acid rain, which contains high levels of Nitric acids, Sulfuric acid, and Carbonic acids (these substances can rise very high into the atmosphere, where they mix with oxygen, and water, and other chemical substances) are formed due to toxic gases present in the air.
Acid rain, along with damaging trees, plants, and crops, acidified the soil and making it difficult to grow crops again, and also it is very harmful to the fish and other living animals in the water.
4. Globally Effect
The effects of pollution can be found every moment of every day to see you all around you.
Pollution is slowly destroying “drinking water, breathing air, and running ground” every day and if no treatment is taken as soon as possible, it will ruin everything here in the coming few years.
|pollution increases the risk of global warming
Impact on the Atmosphere
pollution is present widely in the environment there is numerous effect of this:
- Toxic chemical gases (carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide) and other material (such as heavy metals) may pass through the tropical layer, due to acid rain, global warming.
- Carbon dioxide ejections cause acidification in the sea. due to this the lack of constant PH in the oceans as CO2 becomes dissolved.
- Cutting plants and trees increases the risk of global warming due to which different changes are being seen in the ecosystem like random heat raise up, monsoon change in irregular, etc.
- Nitrogen oxides are removed from the air by rain and fertilize land which can change the species composition of the environment.
- Pollution (smog, haze) spread in the atmosphere can reduce the amount of sunlight received by plants due to this, plants are not getting photosynthesis due to which the plants are being harmed.
- Soil can become infertile and unsuitable for the plants due to acid rain (contains high levels of nitric acids HNO3, sulfuric acid H2SO4, and carbonic acids H2CO3) which directly affect our food chain.
- Sulfuric acid, carbonic acids can cause acid rain which reduces soil fertility and disturb the PH value of soil and water.
- Animals also suffer health-related issues like “birth defects, reproductive failure, hair fall” and more other diseases due to air, water, land pollution.
- Lack of oxygen due to an increase in pollution in the environment can make it difficult for a person with asthma and breathing problem.
- Lack of oxygen in the ecosystem and an increase in toxic substances, which can cause symptoms like lung infection, Throat cancer, skin rashes, hair fall, heart attack, asthma, and watery eyes and nose.
Impact on Human Health
The main cause of air toxic substances is climate change CO2-emission is the burning of fossil fuels (oil coal, gas).
We release various chemicals substance in the atmosphere such as black poisonous smoke coming off the factory, smoke coming out of the car exhaust pipe and we breathe in this air which directly affects our health.
Air Pollution Affects Human Reproduction
Black smoke spread in the environment, which is fatal for everyone but pregnant women, they may be more vulnerable to it.
Car smoke that contains a toxic chemical substance that passes directly into us through the air, causing illness such as birth defects, cancer risk, pulmonary diseases, and chronic bronchitis that can affect both mother and newborn baby.
- Breathing polluted air puts you at a higher risk of asthma and other respiratory diseases.
- Air pollutants are mostly carcinogens and living in a polluted area can put people at risk of cancer.
- Cough and difficulty in breathing are common symptoms of pollution.
- In India, during the Diwali or festival period between November to January, the air becomes so polluted that at that time newborn babies, young children, and old people are not allowed to move out of the home.
- Damaging the immune system, endocrine, and reproductive systems.
- Particles present in air and water pollution exacerbate heart problems at high levels.
- The burning of fossil fuel is increasing the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, greatly increasing the risk of Global warming, causing skin rashes, respiratory diseases, cardiovascular, skin burns, and skin cancer
Water Pollution Affects
Just as air is necessary for survival water is equally important. we need clean water to drink. similarly, water is the first priority for trees, plants, humans, and animals (living in the water).
We live near water and it is precious resources and we are poisoning it by adding toxic chemical substances to that precious resources, increasing water pollution to a very high level which is having a direct negative impact on our health.
Plastic pollution: plastic wasn’t invented until the late 1800 and the production of plastic didn’t take off until around 1950.
But then it really took off, the world produces enough plastic each year to build 50 pyramids Giza, and 8 million tons of plastic winds up in our ocean each year.
If it continues in this manner, by 2050 the number of plastic in the sea will be more than the fish. so now you think for yourself. if this happens, then how many new diseases will come from the sea.
- Water polluted by chemicals such as heavy metal, lead, pesticides, and hydrocarbon can cause reproductive problems, stomach problems, heart diseases, Typhoid, kidney damage, a stomach infection, Cancer, and other many issues.
- Polluted beach causes rashes, gastroenteritis, diarrhea, vomiting, hepatitis, Typhoid.
- The first effect of water pollution will be on marine life, which is the most valuable source of our food.
5. How Can We Reduce Pollution?
Pollution control is the process of reducing or eliminating the release of pollutants into the environment.
It is regulated by various environmental agencies that decrease pollutant discharge limits for air, water, and land.
|Reuse, Reduce, Recycle
Pollution control is not a particular industry engaged in pollution control. you can also control pollution, by not spreading garbage around you, by this you are reducing “land pollution“.
You are reducing air pollution “by not using firecrackers at the wedding and festivals and minimizing the use of cars and bikes”.
Or do not put garbage, plastic, waste material, in clean water put it in the garbage. by doing this, you are also reducing “water pollution“.
There are everyday tips that reduce pollution:
- Use public transport, carpool, bike pool, or walk whenever possible.
- Avoid excessive idling of your automobile.
- Avoid burning leaves, trash, and other toxic substance those who damage the earth.
- Do not buy a second-hand car that smokes high (more than average cars).
- While cleaning the house, use less water, which reduces water pollution.
- keep cleanliness around you and put garbage in her dustbin, which also reduces land pollution.
- Use less of a car and bike only do that when needed. use carpool, public transport like metro, railway. by doing this, you can also reduce air pollution.
Pollution control Gadgets
Dust collection device
- Electrostatic precipitators
Air pollution control
A pollutant can also occur naturally like a volcanic eruption, but the pollution that has been done by humans has proved to be very terrible. because the environment has been harmed by the human in every way whether it is air, water, land, or noise pollution.
The burning of coal and wood became the beginning of pollution in many cities and the primary sources of pollution.
Due to high harmful, toxic material in the air causes, heart attack, cough, asthma, TB, nervousness, difficulty in breathing, and water pollution increase the risk of vomiting, diarrhea, typhoid, and more.
The burning of fossil fuel is increasing the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, greatly increasing the risk of global warming, causing skin rashes, respiratory diseases, cardiovascular, skin burns, and skin cancer.
[…] Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Do not use a plastic bag, polythene use paper bags. by doing this you are helping to reduce waste. put your household plastic waste in the recycling bin and not burn it. by doing this, you are reducing the monthly carbon dioxide significantly. […]