Yoga asanas is a type of exercise that includes several postures, relaxing, deep breathing, and stretching the body.
It is a combination of several asanas which is also an exercise but in calm form, which has several health benefits.
Yoga is a thousand-year-old exercise, that promotes overall health with no side effects, however not doing it properly may show cons.
Many studies believe that a person who does yoga on a regular basis has good mental and physical health.
In our Indian yoga are already eight limbs of yoga which is called yoga mudra.
If you are a beginner at this, make sure to do it properly, or do it under a yoga instructor to prevent further complications.
Simple Morning Yoga Asanas for Beginners
There are several yoga asanas that you can do at home if you beginner in this, so here are simple morning yoga asanas for beginners are:
It is a breathing exercise that has many benefits mental and physical when it is done at the right time or in the right way.
Credit to: Narendra Modi channel
How to do kapal bhati here:
- Sit in a comfortable position or mudra asana
- place your hands on your knees, where your thumb and index finger have to be touched
- now inhale deep through your nose, hold it for a few sec about 5 to 8
- then, exhale forcefully through the nose making sure to tighten your abdominal muscle
- repeat this process, inhale and exhale 20 to 30 times
Benefits of kapal bhati
Here are several benefits of kapal bhati which include:
- Improved blood circulation
- reduces stress levels, by giving the proper oxygen into the blood
- increase lung capacity
- aid headache, and other types of pain
- people with diabetes should practice kapalbhati which can control their blood sugar level.
Research has shown that people with asthma practice this asana which reduces inflammation and improves lung function.
Individuals who suffer from COPD and PCOS, practice kapalbhati which improves lung function, and reduces the symptoms.
This technique also helps with digestive issues and may be beneficial in reducing belly fat.
But it is vital to consult your doctor if you notice any lung discomfort, it may be a warning sign of health concern.
Balasana (Child pose)
This asana is best known for its relaxing and calming effects, however, more research is needed on this.
Credit to: VENTUNO YOGA Channel
Here is how can you do a child pose:
- Sit in the Vajrasana position and then bend forward, and try and touch your head to the ground.
- Stretch your arms straight or keep your arms on the side, but feel totally relaxed
- Bend forward, for some time and then come up breathing in
- breathe deeply and focus on relaxing your body
- hold this pose for up to 5 mint
Benefits of Balasana
These yoga asanas for migraine headaches, also help you to calm the brain nerves, increase blood circulation, and ease lower back pain.
Help in insomnia
This yoga is also best for stress-related issues including insomnia (a sleep disorder where a person has difficulty falling asleep)
Insomnia is the most common sleep issue, where person hard to fall asleep, which affects about 35% of adults.
Reduce stress level
It can help in reducing stress levels by suppressing cortisol levels and increasing the endorphins (feel-good hormone)
other benefits such as:
- Stretch the back, hips, and thighs
- increase blood circulation to the head
- bring relaxation and calming effect
- boost immune system
- treat swelling by increasing blood flow to the particular area
Research has shown that it can show good signs in improving gastrointestinal disorders, and help with chronic pain, depression, etc.
It is also a breathing exercise where you have to inhale and exhale fast.
Credit to: Collins Learning India
Here is how to do anulom vilom step by step:
- Sit on mudra asana or a comfortable position and close your eyes
- now, take a deep breath with your right nostril, and during the breath, your left nostril should be closed with your finger.
- then, hold your breath for 5 -10 seconds, after that, close the right nostril and exhale through the left nostril.
- Repeat this process, now breathe in with the left nose, hold a few sec, and close the left nostril, and exhale through the right nostril
- do this 5 to 8 times daily
Benefits of Anulom Vilom
Anulom vilom is the most effective for relieving stress, even leaving your B.P. pills, and building up immunity. Swami Ramdev” “says”
- Reduces stress and anxiety because it is also a breathing technique that brings more oxygen to the blood
- and increases lung capacity, which overall reduces blood pressure and heart rate.
- remove toxins from the body
- improve digestive health
- help in sleep by triggering the sleeping hormone called melatonin
- reduce pain
There are several new research which show that people with respiratory issues like COPD, POCD, and asthma, should practice anulom vilom.
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-facing dog)
This yoga calms down your stress, through gives you several benefits that improve your body awareness and balance (3)
Here is how to do a downward-facing dog
- Stand with your feet and your hip-width should be apart and your arms at your sides.
- start with taking a deep breath in
- Fold forward and reach your hands towards the ground (if you are not able to do it comfortably then, you can keep your knees slightly bent)
- Place your hands on the ground keeping your back flat and your head should be relaxed (5)
- keep holding the pose for a few seconds, make sure to focus on your breath, and let go of your worries and thoughts.
- Finally, breathe in and slowly lift your back, returning to a standing position.
Benefits of downward-facing dog
Here are several benefits of downward-facing dog
- Stretch the arms, back, thighs, and shoulders
- improve balance
- detox the body
- improve overall body circulation
- bring calm effect by reducing stress and anxiety level
If you are new to this, make sure to do it properly or under a guide, and increase it gradually.
Yoga is the best way to relax yourself, which includes deep breathing, posture, asanas, stretching, sense, etc
If you are new to this, make sure to start gradually, and then increase it next level. And do it properly.
Patanjali is considered the father of yoga and his yoga sutras still strongly influence most styles of modern yoga.
Yoga has no side effects, but if you have medical issues, then you have to talk to your doctor first.