Environmental pollution or just pollution is harmful material in the environment this harmful material is called a pollutant.
Pollution is also natural for example volcanic eruption, Co by plants & animals, emission of natural gas, and cosmic rays, UV rays, etc.
Although there are many types of pollution, we will talk about the major types of pollution like air, water, land, and noise pollution.
Water pollution is occur due to industrial waste, like arsenic, uranium, and human waste, which added to the water stream, lake, river, ocean, or other water.
Water is contaminated by adulteration in sources, which is called water pollution.
Reason of water pollution
Water pollution is a major global problem.
It has been suggested that water pollution is the leading worldwide cause of death and diseases.
The reason behind the water pollution:
- Industrial waste includes any material that is useless during the manufacturing process like pesticides, acid, chemicals, and even vegetable matter from hotels.
- Human waste (closet, urine) directly goes into the water without filtration.
- Harmful chemicals (poisonous material) from Towns, farms, and factories easily dissolve in water, causing water pollution.
Just as air is necessary for survival water is equally important. we need clean water to drink.
Similarly, water is the priority for trees, plants, humans, and animals.
Effect on the whole world
Every year around 1 billion people are affected by drinking contaminated water.
Increasing water pollution to a very high level is having a direct negative impact on our health.
Effects on the health of the whole world include:
- The first effect of water pollution will be on marine life, which is the most valuable source of our food.
- Diseases spread by unsafe water like Typhoid, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach ache, cholera, and hepatitis.
- And diarrhea is the second leading cause of death for children under the age of 5.
- A 2017 survey showed that 400 + million people taking water from unprotected wells and springs.
- In fact, in 2025 it is estimated that half of the world’s population will be suffering from a lack of clean drinking water.
- Water pollution can transmit diseases like dengue, malaria, muscle cramps, etc.
Solution of water pollution
- Do not throw trash, chemical substances, oils, and medicines in the river, lake, or ocean.
- Close the tap when it is not in use.
- And remember that if you are sitting on the beach, river, or lake, do not forget to pick up your trash.
Air pollution is the harmful substance that is present in the air that comes from factories, industries, chimneys, cars, and bikes in the form of smoke.
It is harmful to humans, animals, and trees, and even our globe which travels through air, is called air pollution.
Reason of air pollution
Air pollution is also a global problem that causes multiple diseases.
The pollution doesn’t need to be only by humans it is also natural for example carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, volcanic eruption, etc.
The reason behind the air pollution
- Toxic chemical gases such as carbon dioxide, monoxide, and nitrogen oxide, which is the main reason for global warming.
- Smoke coming out the cars, and bikes are a major cause of air pollution. because it contains very harmful particles like carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, hydrocarbons, carbon dioxide, water vapor, nitrogen, etc.
Effects of air pollution
The main cause of air pollution, as well as climate change CO2-emission, is the burning of fossil fuels (oil coal, gas).
- Black smoke contains a toxic chemical substance that passes directly into us through the air, causing illness such as cancer, weak immunity, etc.
- Breathing polluted air puts you at risk of asthma and other respiratory diseases.
- Particles present in the air highly exacerbate heart problems like heart attack, and heart illness at high levels.
- The burning of fossil fuel is increasing the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, greatly raise the risk of global warming.
Solution of air pollution
- Use public transport, carpool, bike pool, or walk whenever possible.
- Avoid excessive idling of your automobile.
- Avoid burning leaves, trash, and other toxic substance those who damage the earth.
- And the last not least by spreading awareness around you that air pollution is a big problem.
It occurs when all types of pollution (solid and liquid) affecting the soil such as chemicals on land, solid waste like (plastic material, toxic substance, etc).
Reason of land pollution
It is a worldwide issue that needs to be fixed quickly.
One of the most reason for land pollution its “garbage” (you will find garbage in every household) tonnes of garbage is produced every single day.
The reason behind the land pollution
- The first vital cause of land pollution is humans because the things we have created like plastic, a ntoxic substances, industrial waste, curse for land
- The second main reason for land pollution is agriculture activities, the use of various parasites is good for the crops, but day by day use of it does the land not fertile which causes the land is not used for any further work.
- You can guess with this thing that in the middle of the northern pacific ocean, a huge collection of plastic particles forms what is known as the great pacific garbage patch.
Soil Pollution is bad for public and animal health and even harmful for underground water, and surface water. its effects are many include:
Effect on humans and animals race
- Contamination of groundwater, loss of the top layer of soil, lack of nutrition which plants need, and increasing the risk of wildfire because of the dry land, soil erosion created by land pollutants.
- It can cause birth defects, breathing problems, skin disease, and some type of Cancer.
- Land pollution can affect animals too. it forces animals to change their natural habits which could lead to their extinction.
- As the harmful chemical that can get into the soil and water can cause deformities, skin problems, and Cancer.
- keep cleanliness around you and put garbage in her dustbin, which also reduces land pollution.
- Picking up trash from your surrounding and which can be recycled. recycle it.
- Drinking water from a cup rather than a plastic bottle and make sure dispose harmful trash.
Noise pollution is when you make loud sounds experienced are around you, which you do not tolerate is called noise pollution.
Reason of noise pollution
There are basically two reasons for noise pollution. Natural pollution, and man-made pollution, and man-made pollution causes more harm to our ears.
1. Natural pollution
The sound coming from natural sources such as natural calamities, birds, animals, etc are responsible for causing noise pollution.
2. Man-made pollution
Man-made pollution is the major cause of noise pollution like sound which is coming from the construction site, loudspeakers, traffic, etc
Human ears are only able to hear sounds up to 1 decibel or 1DB.
But it becomes terrible when someone increase sound by 85 DB or above, which can cause permanent damage and leading to hearing loss.
- Exposure to excessive noise for a long period can cause hearing loss, stress, impact on sleep, etc.
- Its symptoms are also seen in animals such as they start behaving differently which makes it difficult for the scientist to understand their this nature.
- This noise pollution may be related to health issues such as cardiovascular disease, cognitive impairment, etc.
- Keep in mind that the volume of the TV is set as much as it is sufficient for you.
- Try to avoid noise firecrackers during festival times.
- Do not horn unnecessarily, especially while passing in front of the hospital and school.
All these types of pollution did not produce only by humans, (and thus the rapid development of pollution is the hand of the same humanity)
But also produce by nature such as volcanic eruption, Co by plants & animals, emission of natural gas, and cosmic rays, UV rays, etc.