Many believe that if you want to lose weight, and stay fit, start running which is the best option to convert your unhealthy lifestyle to a healthy lifestyle.
Running is an attractive exercise because it does not cost anything to run and you can choose your own running time.
So In this article, we will explain to you about running, how it affects the body, aged people, and more things.
Difference b/w Running and Jogging
NOTE: Both running and jogging are aerobic exercises (which means – increasing the heart rate and the body’s use of oxygen).
And both are excellent exercises for aged people and youngsters.
Running is faster than jogging and many young age boys or girls prefer running it is the best, and fast way to lose calories.
When I start running I have personally noticed that the sudden impact on the knee joint can be reduced by starting with jogging and gradually increasing the pace.
Jogging is best for those who which is recently come out of an illness, and the main differences are pace and effort.
The recommended definition of jogging speed is 8 to 9 km per/hour ( 5 to 6 miles)
It is best for old-aged people who cannot run very fast but can maintain their physical and mental health through jogging.
And jogging also reduces weight but is slow in comparison to running, because jogging gradually increases body temperature.
The Health benefits of running are automatically seen in you when you start running like – improving body posture, reducing the risk of heart disease, and more.
- Reduce weight loss, by burning calories, that is why most people prefer it.
- Improve stamina
- We are improving heart health, by reducing bad cholesterol which narrows the arteries.
- Reduce blood sugar level which leads to lower diabetes risk.
- For increased bone density.
- Strengthening immune system
- Improve self-confidence, by increasing emotional, and physical health
- Also good for high blood pressure people, by maintaining equal footing blood pressure.
Make sure, whenever you start running or jogging, start with a warm-up and stretching, it helps with preventing injury and improving performance.
Is There Any Age Restriction To Running?
There is no aging limit for this, whenever you start, it’s your choice that you make it your future, and stay healthy with this.
Even, If someone suffers from osteoporosis running can also slow the pace of bone loss, which decreases the danger of breaks from osteoporosis.
A perfect example – Run and aging – In India, a woman from Punjab, named – Sardarni Man Kaur 103 years old is an Indian track-and-field athlete.
She holds world records in the over 100 years of age classes for a variety of events, she was given the Nari Shakti Puraskar award by the president of India.
Researchers from the University of Missouri reveal that running increase bone density, more than resistance exercise.
But how running strengthens our bones?
Our bone is a living tissue, it evolves over time in response to the forces that affect it. and when we do exercise regularly, our bones adjust by becoming denser.
Tips For Good Running Form?
If you won’t run properly you might even have to go to the doctor because some people start running but they don’t know how to run, and about shoes?
NOTE: Seeing someone else’s sight, you start running fast from the very first day, which causes knee joint pain, and even swelling in the foot’s side.
- The head should be straightforward.
- Try to stay loose, but not much loose, and let the shoulder relax.
- Hands should be close to the body and swing back and forward, and the swing should be kept low for this your elbows are bent at a 90-degree angle and relaxed.
- Avoid landing on the heel.
- The landing distance should be short.
Additionally makes it simpler for the runner to try not to land the foot of the centre of mass and the resulting slowing down impact.
Upright posture is essential, and a runner should maintain a relaxed shape, and utilize their centre to keep the posture upstanding and stable.
NOTE: The most widely running missteps are shifting the jaw up and scrunching shoulders.
Precaution To Prevent Injury
If you want to avoid any type of injury so make sure to take precautions to prevent possible injury. they include:
- Choose comfortable shoes, that give you complete comfort while running, so make sure you test those shoes during buying.
- Before running stretching, or warm-up is important, which helps with preventing injury and improving performance.
- Avoid hard surfaces, run on grass and soil surface.
- If it is your first day, do not run fast after seeing others, in the beginning, run slowly, and increase speed gradually.
- Choose low-populated areas such as parks, and avoid dangerous areas like roadsides.
- Don’t wear headphones, if you wear so keep the volume low.
- Don’t run anywhere and keep your posture.
- If you run in the evening or at night, so make sure the driver can see you.
- Do not stop immediately, stop slowly, and do not drink water after stopping immediately, drink after a while.
What About – Running shoes?
This is also very vital for avoiding internal knee injury, I have personally experienced when I even could not move my steps at all because of knee pain.
And this is because of two reasons are:
- Uncomfortable shoes: No comfort layer in shoes, or skinny form layer, was my first mistake, and running very fast with experienced people on the first day, due to a lot of pain in the knee for 4 to 5 days.
- Run-on concentrate: Due to no proper layer of shoes, running on a hard surface for 4 to 5 days was my second mistake, due to which the ball of my knee was triggered again.
But what does this have to do with my knee?
See, whenever I was striking a hard surface, the opposite impact of the surface affects my knee directly, instead of affecting my shoes.
Due to this the wear and tear in the knee joint started to affect and this is the reason for knee pain.
On other people’s impact can also lead to back pain and high pressure in the ankle.
Both are aerobic exercises (Physical activity that increases the heart rate and the body’s use of oxygen). and both are excellent exercises for aged people and youngsters.
Make sure whenever you start running or jogging, start with a warm-up and stretching, it helps with preventing injury and improving performance.
Choose comfortable shoes, and avoid hard surfaces.
Reduce weight loss, by burning calories, that is why most people prefer it. Improving heart health, by reducing bad cholesterol which narrows the arteries.