What is High Blood Pressure?
high blood pressure, in short, High BP occurs when the blood circulation starts going up and down very fast, which causes high BP, or hypertension.
Note: An Indian doctor Dr. SN Narasingan said that India has a high predominance of High BP with nearly one in every three Indian adults above the age of 60 being influenced.
The estimate of a High BP in India country is 29.8%.
High Blood pressure makes your heart work a lot of hard than normally and causes added strain on your artery walls.
Over time, this can contribute to the buildup of plaque, which leads to artery diseases.
What is Ideal Blood Pressure?
Blood pressure is always best measured at rest. the ideal blood pressure is 120/80.
Your BP should be under 135/85 in the comfort of your home, and under 140/90 somewhere else.
Additionally, If you are a patient with diabetes, then your blood pressure should always be lower than 130/80. if you see a high number consult your doctor.
What Reasons for High Blood pressure?
There are many reasons for high blood pressure. they include:
Stress and frequent anger are major reasons for hypertension in all ages people.
When we are in a stressful situation our body produces a surge of hormones, which temporarily increase our BP by causing a fast heartbeat, as well as narrow blood vessels.
If you face issues in your body, for example – changes in your kidney function, due to ageing or disease may disturb the body’s normal balance of salts and liquid.
This change may increase your BP to undesirable levels.
Over time, unhealthy lifestyle choices like the absence of physical activity and poor eating routines can negatively affect your body.
Poor Lifestyle choices can lead to weight issues. and being overweight, or underweight can trigger the risk of hypertension.
Fast food is unhealthy as we know, but if you have high BP then even don’t think about it, because like fast food, many other foods, contain a high amount of salt.
Salt contains sodium, which our body holds additional water to “flush” the salt from our body.
Sleep experts recommend that an adult needs 7 to 8 hours of sleep each day. and less than 6 hours of sleep can disturb your overall health.
A regular absence of sleep may prompt high Blood Pressure in both youngsters and adults.
Sleep helps your body to control hormones, and manage pressure, and the digestive system.
If a person does not take enough sleep, then other hormones are disturbed, leading to hypertension, and heart attack.
Signs of high BP
If your blood pressure reached a high level (180/120), then it is a medical emergency, in this emergency, you see such types of symptoms. include:
Notice: These ordinarily don’t occur until high blood pressure has arrived at an extreme or hazardous stage.
You can see some of these types of symptoms in the level BP slightly above normal are:
- anger is a normal cause and a sign of High Blood pressure
High Blood Pressure with Age
High blood pressure has started appearing in today’s teenagers.
Many doctors tell that 20s college student teenagers come to them with complaints of high blood pressure.
There are two factors that cause high BP at a young age.
1. The first factor is something known as essential hypertension in which no causes are found means – the heartbeat is normal, arteries are ok, and cholesterol ok, this could be genetic.
But there are very few percentages of the overall problem.
2. The second factor is a lifestyle, which is a major reason for high BP at a young age such as:
- Abuse of alcohol
- cigarette, which doctors also believe is a very easy method to trigger your Blood pressure.
Additionally, lack of sleep, do not eat a well-balanced diet, and stress, increase the high chance of high BP.
The side Effect of High BP
High Blood pressure is not good for your overall health, it can feed you medicines forever, if it goes out of control, so it would be good that you keep your BP under control.
High BP can have a severe effect on our bodies:
- Blood vessels effect: Excessive pressure in arteries boundary can damage the blood vessels.
- Heart effect: If the arteries wall is affected, this also can contribute to the buildup of plaque, which leads to artery disease.
- if the artery becomes fully blocked, then you may also have a heart attack.
- Kidney effect: long-term high BP can also lead to kidney damage, which can promote chronic kidney conditions.
- Memory effect: Disturb Blood pressure may also influence your capacity to think and learn, issues with analyzing or understanding ideas is more common in peoples with High BP.
- Reduce immunity: low Immunity is one reason people with hypertension and other medical conditions can increase the risk of covid-19.
- long-term medical issues can weaken your immunity. so it’s less read to ward off the virus.
Who Is At High Risk?
People who are at high risk are:
- Who eat more salty food and those who put salt on top of the food.
- fast food peoples
- smoking can easily trigger your arteries and makes your blood more likely to clot.
- excessive alcohol intake
- those who do not take enough sleep.
Treatment of High Blood Pressure
By treatment, I do not mean that you can control blood pressure by taking medicines only.
People can easily control blood pressure in a natural way, or through some lifestyle changes including:
1. Reduce salt intake: First of all, you have to reduce the amount of salt in your diet, because salt is a big factor that promotes high blood pressure.
The reason behind this, whenever we eat too much salt, which released sodium inside our body, that thin our veins, which creates high-pressure in veins.
2. Reduce overweight: Many people say eat this, not exereat this, without knowing anything, listen do not eat oily food, and sweet because it contains a high amount of calories.
So if you reducing weight then eat-well a balanced diet, and as possible avoid junk food, and sweet.
4. Manage stress: because of stress our body release different hormones, and because of these hormones, they thin our blood vessels, which creates high pressure in veins.
How To Treat Emergency Cases of High BP In The Home?
Whenever, in your family member, or anywhere, you see any symptoms of High BP in someone, try these “hacks“
- 10 to 15 minutes take deep breaths.
Try this hack – home-remedy
- Take a glass of hot water, put 4 to 5 crushed cloves of garlic in it,
- Then put 1 tablespoon lemon in it, mix it well.
- Filter the water, and after it cools down a bit, consume it.
NOTE: After 10 to 15 minutes you will see a clear difference between before, and after.
Notice: Consult a doctor before taking any medicine, as he knows very well about high BP medicine.
And if you see side effects from these medicines, then the doctor will treat you in another way.
And medicine depends on your health, age, kidney, gender, liver health, have an ever had high BP before like these questions are asked by the doctor.
1. Calcium channel blockers: These drugs are used to bring down lower blood pressure.
They slowly back the development of calcium into the cells of the heart and vein walls, which makes it simpler for the heart to pump and extend veins.
2. ACE (Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors): This medicine is commonly used in the first stage of High BP. and Ramipril medicine is a part of these medicines.
Is Pregnancy-Related To High BP?
During pregnancy, high blood pressure is common but extreme or long-term High BP can enhance the risk on the baby, including:
- Decreased blood supply to the baby, oxygen, and nutrients
- premature birth
- negatively affect placenta
Which is necessary for having a healthy baby. and this can lead to slow development, low birth weight early birth.
So make sure, to reduce your tension, eat vegetables, and fruit juice, do some exercise, do yoga, and meditate, which is mine also favorite to reduce mind-unknown stuff.
How To Prevent High Blood Pressure?
If you think Hypertension can trigger your chronic illness, then you think right.
Here are some easy steps that help in maintaining your normal BP, and Low BP is also not good for your health.
Add Healthy Food To Your Diet
Aim to eat more fruits and vegetables, like oats, yogurt, and other dairy products which are also good for your gut and kidney health.
Do Physical Activity
Do exercise, yoga, running, and meditation are exceptional for reducing bad cholesterol levels in the body, as well as increasing your overall health from the hair to heart health.
Manage your Anger and Stress
Last, but not least, manage your stress, and anger, which are directly connected to your high Blood pressure.
The ideal blood pressure is 120/80.
Reduce the amount of salt in your diet, because salt is a big factor that promotes high blood pressure.
Consult a doctor before taking any medicines, as he knows very well about high BP medicine.
Especially adding breathing exercises such as anulom vilom, and kapal bhati, which oxidize cholesterol, because of more oxygen.