Male discharge is known as penis discharge, which consider both normal and abnormal, it depends on the type.
If a person experiences a change in colour like red, yellow, etc, and an unpleasant or foul odour in the penis, it falls in abnormal discharge.
When you do intercourse, your body naturally releases it to prevent friction and promote overall intercourse feeling (1)
But do you know, why this happens? It happens due to several reasons such as:
- STI (sexually transmitted infection)
- UTI (urinary tract infection)
- fungal and yeast infection
- hormonal imbalance
In addition, about 30 various bacteria, viruses, and parasites are spread through improper sexual contact, whether oral or anal.
Here are the top 14 effective ways to get rid of male discharge and promote overall health and moment.
Use Protection or safe S*x
Always use protection (condom) during intercourse which decreases the chance of UTI, STI infection, and pregnancy.
Safe intercourse whether is it oral, or anal, and intercourse always:
- Use a condom
- reduce the number of intercourse partners
- use dental dams and latex gloves
- always clean your toys (1)
There is no 100% guarantee that several methods can reduce the risk of infection, and pregnancy, so make sure to talk to a doctor.
Keep your genital area clean and dry, which reduces the development of infection and yeast.
Here are some other ways to maintain your private area hygiene include:
- Wash your private area with regular tap water (2)
- avoid warm water, and baths (increase the chance of yeast infection)
- do not do douching (it is a gadget that cleans and washes the vagina from the inside but it can disturb the hormone balance)
- avoid harsh substances like soap, any type of gel and any type of perfume, and scent
- change your underwear daily
- if you have a fungal infection, then take two times bath daily and keep the area dry, especially corner areas.
- Consult your doctor if you experience any gential areas issue (3)
Add vitamin C to your diet
Vitamin C plays a vital role in the male reproductive system, however excessive intake of it may cause reproductive failure (4)
Comsing probiotics, enhance the no. of good bacteria which can detoxify the system and help you to absorb nutrients more efficiently.
If infection is your reason for discharge, then probiotics are a good way to promote or restore the natural balance of hormones (6)
Source – Yogurt, kefir (dosa, dhokla, paneer, idli), Onion, banana, Leeks, etc.
Don’t Hold Urination
Avoid holding urination for a long time, it may lead to major health concerns in the bladder and urine pipe.
So holding urine for a long period of time increases the risk of UTI (urinary tract infection) which allows bacteria to grow.
Do Exercise or Physical activity
Studies showed that weight loss and improved cardiovascular health, particularly in men with metabolic syndrome, can improve PE and ED.
Physical activity or exercise was found to be the best way to quit drug abuse and maintain hormonal imbalance.
Doing exercise at least 1 hour a day, can prevent most of the disease, and illness, and promote overall intercourse duration in both.
Avoid Tight Clothes
Tight clothes can trap moisture, which increases the risk of fungal and yeast infection, and it is one of the common reasons for it.
So wear or choose lightweight cotton underwear to proper air flow which will keep the area dry and reduce the risk of infection.
Tight clothes can also become tender during sleep by becoming you uncomfortable, which may lead to sleep-related issues (8)
Keep yourself hydrate
Drink enough water throughout the day to promote overall health and prevent dehydration.
Several studies suggest that a person should drink 2 to 3 litres of water, according to their weight.
But pregnant, and breastfeeding women and exercise people, should drink a little bit more – 2.5 or 3 litres a day.
Reduce your Stress
Stress affects everyone, regardless of their gender, culture, age (young or old), or finical status (rich or poor) (9)
Stress is one of the main reasons for reproductive failure, where lack of interest, and early ejaculation are occurs during intercourse.
Studies reveal that relaxation techniques reduce cortisol (a stress hormone) levels in patients, resultin in a decreased experience of stress.
Avoid Harsh Substances
The harsh substance can irritate gential areas which disturb the natural balance of bacteria, leading to inflammation, and infection.
This means – Harsh soap, and avoiding using fragrance in private areas, as it can lead to irritation, redness, and infection (10)
Try Home Remedies
Here are several home remedies, but it is not necessary that home remedies definitely work for you, so consult your doctor.
Try these home remedies such as:
- coconut oil
- yogurt is a natural probiotic so adding it to your diet promotes good bacteria
- aloe vera contains antifungal properties, and consuming it may prevent you from several health issues.
- turmeric help in reducing itchiness, redness, and unpleasant odour.
- tea tree oil has antibacterial properties
It is important to consult your doctor before applying these, because some may lead to a burning sensation like aloe vera.
Avoid sharing personal items
Sharing your personal items with other increase the chances of spreading infection, bacteria, and viruses (11)
When individuals share their personal items like wearing clothes, towels, and trimmers, they can transfer bacteria to other people.
So avoid use person items, which can lead to skin infections, and maintain good hygiene.
Seek Medical Help
If you experience severe male discharge or any discomfort then you should talk to your doctor (12)
Here are some other cases where you should talk to your doctor include:
- change in health like weight loss, fatigue, dizziness, etc
- if you notice that your signs getting worsen
- other signs and symptoms
- you can also ask questions
If you experience any changes in discharge, it is vital to seek medical help, it may be any underlying medical conditions.
Here are other ways to get rid of male discharge include:
- Keep genitals area dry
- urinate after intercourse
- avoid hot baths and tubs (because this atmosphere may encourage the development of bacteria and yeast)
- educate yourself
- treat or keep it at normal level illness, like diabetes, which suppresses the immune system, this can increase the chance of bacteria.
- use lubrication during intercourse
Healthytalk8 does not recommend any medicine, because everyone has different reason of it, so make sure consult your doctor.
Make sure to maintain hygiene, especially in private areas, not maintaining hygiene leads to bad odour, risk of infection, etc.
Use protection to avoid pregnancy, and lubrication to prevent friction which will promote overall pleasure feeling.
Avoid sharing personal items, like razors, and avoid using harsh substances like detergent, soap, and perfume.
If you notice any bad odour or change in colour of male discharge then you should seek medical help, it may be a warning sign.